The average adult loses nearly half a litre of moisture through Trans-Epidermal Water Loss (TEWL) every day, making continuous hydration an essential component of overall skin health. But between increasing environmental triggers and ever-busier lifestyles, today’s moisturisers need to do more than just replace lost hydration. Dehydration also disrupts the skin’s microbiome and accelerates the loss of crucial enzymes – so Dermalogica has made their mission to harness advanced hydration technologies into a next-generation formula for our best-selling hero moisturiser.
Dermalogica’s Skin Smoothing Cream is now upgraded with the latest technology to feature state-of-the-art Active HydraMeshTM Technology, which works on a molecular level to help reduce TEWL and infuse skin with 48 hours of continuous hydration. This advanced technology also helps shield skin’s natural microbiome from environmental stress.
In our latest videocast, we talked to Samantha Curran, Dermalogica's Training Specialist on this new formulation of Skin Smoothing Cream...
Ingredient features and benefits:
- Active HydraMeshTM Technology works on a molecular level, forming a hydrating mesh-like surface over skin to help reduce Trans-Epidermal Water Loss (TEWL) as it infuses skin with 48 hours of vital moisture.
- Hyaluronic Acid, complexed with Mallow, Cucumber and Arnica, brings hydration deep into the skin and helps lock in moisture.
- Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract fights skin damage by helping to neutralise free radicals.
- Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C) has been shown to help defend skin against oxidative stress.
- Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) helps smooth and moisturise.
Is the consistency the same as the classic formulation?
Yes, it has the same consistency and feel on the skin.
How do I use it?
After cleansing and spritzing your skin with your chosen toner, apply a small amount over your face and spread evenly.
When is it available?
Skin Smoothing Cream with Active HydraMeshTM Technology is now available from Prodermal
Yours in skin,
The Prodermal Team X